Sunday, July 17, 2011

Lucifer

Falling Star, Crocosmia 'Lucifer'


100mm, f/6.3, 1/200, 250 ISO [Day 107/366]


This bee was surprisingly aggressive, and tried to chase me away from the flowers. I almost left, but decided to harass the bee right back instead.


100mm, f/7.1, 1/125, 250 ISO [Day 107/366]


Yeah, I'm going to get stung one day. Perhaps if it hadn't been so cold today, this guy would have had the energy to hurt me.


100mm, f/8.0, 1/125, 250 ISO [Day 107/366]



100mm, f/5.0, 1/125, 250 ISO [Day 107/366]



100mm, f/8.0, 1/200, 250 ISO [Day 107/366]

9 comments:

  1. These are fabulous!! LOVE the bee shots- I'm glad you stayed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are totally amazing! The sharpness is fantastic, and the bee, well he's ugly and cute and the same time. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love the second and third photo. All of them are so crisp and sharp. That little bee is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! I can't believe how sharp that bee is...awesome shots! Love the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where do you find all of these cool devil plants?! Love love love your bee shots. They're so sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, you're brave! That little guy looks mean! Second, I love the fourth shot. Such an interesting perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You wouldn't find me this close to a bee but these are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! These are great. I love the bees shots, especially the 2nd one. It is so sharp. And I really love the 4th photo. It is very interesting to see all of that detail. Also, you did a great job with the red flowers. I have a really hard time photographing red flowers. They look either neon or blah, but yours are so vibrant, but still realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're a brave woman to harass that bee! These are beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete